Safety First Car Seat Giveaway!11:03 PM
I have happily teamed up with a great Blogger friend to help bring you this amazing Safety First giveaway. I would love to see one of my readers win this!
Travel Safety by Safety 1st Consumer Safety Expert Julie Vallese
The three most important things when choosing a car seat are:
· One that fits your child
· One that fits your car
· One that you will use correctly every time
You can accomplish this by:
· Have the car you will be using the seat in with you and try it out at the store.
· If possible have your child with you at the time of purchase
· Follow information in both the car seat manual and vehicle manual for installation
· Attend a car seat check for assistance in proper installation and use from a certified car seat technician
New rules for car seats using LATCH require understanding of your car seat’s weight and child’s weight:
· Car seats (after 2/27/14) are required to carry a label guiding on maximum weight limits for LATCH
· The combined weight should not exceed 65 lbs
· Look in the manual and label on the car seat to identify the weight of the seat
· Look for a weight on the maximum weight for the child
· Know your child’s weight
· Combined weight of the seat and your child exceeds 65lbs? Install the car seat using the vehicle’s belt
One VERY LUCKY reader will win a Car Seat to keep the child in their lives safe for Holidays and every other day of theirs lives! A BIG thank you to the sponsor, Safety 1st , and the host, Confessions of a Messy Mama
Disclosure: I have not received any compensation and am not responsible for prize shipment.