Pinterest Win or fail : Apple fritters Recipe!10:30 AM
Country Apple fritter bread
Today is a summer day in August, even though it is Summer ,it was only 68 today. Fall weather if you ask me , and my my children were bored. I was looking at Pinterest for dinner ideas and my son was sitting next to me. He asked me if he could cook and this is what he chose. What can I say the boy loves apple fritters over any other doughnut.
He did it all by himself, I just helped with oven and making sure he was measuring right. We used this recipe I got from Pinterest.
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 apples, peeled and chopped (any kind), mixed with 2 tablespoons granulated sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of powdered sugar
- 1-3 tablespoons of milk or cream- (depending on thickness of glaze wanted)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Use a 9x5-inch loaf pan and spray with non-stick spray or line with foil and spray with non-stick spray to get out easily for slicing.
- 2Mix brown sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl. Set aside.
- 3In another medium-sized bowl, beat white sugar and butter together using an electric mixer until smooth and creamy.
- 4Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, until blended in; add in vanilla extract.
- 5Combine & whisk flour and baking powder together in another bowl and add into creamed butter mixture and stir until blended.
- 6Mix milk into batter until smooth.
- 7Pour half the batter into the prepared loaf pan; add half the apples and half the brown sugar/cinnamon mixture.
- 8Lightly pat apple mixture into batter.
- 9Pour the remaining batter over apple layer and top with remaining apples and brown sugar/cinnamon mixture.
- 10Lightly pat apples into batter; swirl brown sugar mixture through apples using knife or spoon.
- 11Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean, approximately 50-60 minutes.
- 12To make glaze, mix powdered sugar and milk or cream together until well mixed.
- 13Let cool for about 15 minutes before drizzling with glaze.
- He got in oven and couldn't wait to eat it. this is only half i didnt take a pic with other layer on i forgot.
- It does take awhile to bake so i had to make him go do something else. He does not have a lot of patients yet lol (what kid does?) So finally after 50 min the timer beeps and I have him do the toothpick test and we determined it actually needed another 10 minutes. After those ten minutes it was ready, So on a plate it went and waited for the glaze.
- We all give it 2 thumbs up, it really was so good. Guess what I am having with my morning coffee tomorrow? Yep a slice if there is any left. I imagine I will be making these and freezing them for the Holiday especially our big Halloween party.I would say this is a big WIN